Hybrid Yaw-Yan coach Jojo Anghang Tabang
Boxing has become pretty popular for those who hates running in the treadmill and using other fancy-ass gym equipment. As you know, almost everyone's always looking for a shortcut to weight loss, fitness fads like TRX and Zumba are attracting women but boxing is still my best bet. You can have lean, toned, and strong body just by punching your coach. How cool can that be? :-p
Benefits of Boxing:
1. Weight loss - the number of calories you burn doing any given exercise will depend on your body weight: the heavier you are, the more calories you burn. (source: American College Sports of Medicine) If you work on the punching bag for 1 hour, you can loose as high as 500-1000 calories.
2. Stress relief - when you box, you forget about everything else because you just focus on your target. You would stop thinking about work, love and life, you would just focus on the technique required to throw a perfect punch. According to a Research, people who box regularly are more cheerful. Getting rid of stress and tension with every punch!
3. Self-defense skills - knowing how to defend yourself in a dangerous situations is important. They said the best way to defend yourself is to run, but what if you can't run? You must fight, it’s your only option.
4. Confidence- This sport makes you feel empowered and be aware of your positive qualities and abilities. When you are confident to defend yourself physically, it translates to a psychological benefit of self-contentment and peace of mind.
5. Stronger heart - You can maintain a balanced heart rate if you box regularly because it strengthen heart muscles, building a strong heart.
working with pads
wraps and gloves: thanks for protecting me
"Mixed Martial Arts classes are often full of sociopaths and karate makes you wear pajamas, but boxing does all the right things without being weird about it" -Toby McCasker