"Ombre" is a french term meaning shaded or shading. It was a trend last year and I saw a lot of celebrities or fashion bloggers with ombre-dyed hair. Now that it's summer time I'm seeing a lot of girls wearing ombre-dyed shorts so, I decided to make my own. It's easy making them but it's time-consuming.
Here's how to make 'em!
some old jeans
1. Gather your old jeans and cut them to your desired length. Distress the ends with scissors.
2. Wear your rubber gloves. Using a bottle spray, apply some bleach on the half part of your shorts then let it dry. It should look like this:
3. I waited for a day to have it fully-dried then I hand washed it. Machine-wash will ruin the shorts since bleach weakens the fabric. After that, it's time to dye! (that doesn't sound right! :p)
4. Pour boiling water into the basin then add some dye, stir the mixture with a spoon then add 4 tbsp of iodized salt. Stir it well and drink. JK! :p
5. Slowly dip the half of your shorts like this:
6. After dyeing, lay your shorts on a big plastic bag like this:
7. Let it dry overnight so the fabric will absorb the liquid. It's like marinating BBQ. :)
8. Machine wash your shorts then rinse till the water becomes clear. Hang it or use a dryer.
9. Add some studs like spikes or stars. I used the tip of my scissors to punched it.
10. And you're done! ;-)