Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Sonya's Garden Review



My mom and her churchmates like Sonya's garden so much that they go there whenever they have an outing or reunion. She keeps on telling me how beautiful their garden is and how much she wants to get the plants there. (She has different variety of plants in our rooftop which I wanted to sell online. JK ma!) :-p

  

I got curious with all her stories and reviews online, so my friends and I decided to go there. According to their website, Sonya was an expat in the US and Europe. This place was her private paradise until she opened it to the public in 1998. Now they have a restaurant, bed & breakfast, spa, bakery, country store and they even offer a wedding package. Tan tan ta tan!

from parking lot to the entrance, it's green everywhere!

spa area, reminds me of Aladdin and princess Jasmine

We had a late lunch there, the menu served in sit down style. Rate is Php 610 per person. (All you can eat with refillable freshly squeezed dalandan juice) Nom nom nom!
    Freshly harvested lettuce and arugula topped with mango, broad beans, eggs, cucumber, jackfruit, pineapple, edible flowers in season, etc., drizzled with Sonya’s Secret Dressing or Balsamic Vinegar/extra virgin olive oil.
   
Fresh baked whole wheat sesame bread with an array of homemade dips and toppings: basil pesto, white cheese, anchovies, bruschetta tomato toppings. mushroom pate, black olive tapinade and fresh green peppercorn in olive oil.

 
With two kinds of sauces and toppings: sun dried tomato and chicken cream with mango. Topped with ratatouille, salmon belly, shitake mushrooms, black olives, capers and grated parmesan cheese, pepperoncini. 
 
my pasta plate

I wasn't able to take photos of the dessert because the chocolate cake, banana rolls and sweet potato were not photogenic. :-p

tea time! My calmly tarragon tea

 
garden inside the resto

I wanna take home this cute chandelier!

peek-a-boo! see-through restroom
doing number 2 in a quiet place like is divine :-p


Barangay Buck Estate, Alfonso, Cavite, Philippines 
(near the vicinity of Tagaytay City, Philippines)
+63 917 532 9097
Sonya's Garden website

This blog has moved!

Please check my new site at Pinay Nomad


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments: